Tuesday 4 November 2008

U.S. Presidential Elections.

Well, it's been a long haul and tonight will be the decider. El jefe and I will be snuggled down all night in front of the fire rooting for the candidate who will do most to lighten the load of ordinary people and restore respect for the U.S.A. worldwide. And we all know who that is.

Not since the JFK election have I found the American politics so absorbing and interesting, to the point that little else got done.

Am thinking of all my American blogging buddies over the water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree about the similarities between the election that saw JFK enter the White House and now. I was 13 at the time and attending a convent school in West London, where many of the pupils came from Irish families. The excitement when JFK won was palpable.

When JFK and Jackie subsequently visited the UK, they drove past my house (in an open-topped car), en route from Heathrow to central London. I was in heaven!